NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
A terror group has released a video claiming responsibility for a shooting incident in a Tel Aviv suburb that killed at least five Israelis on Tuesday.
The attack is the third in recent days — each carried out by Arab citizens of Israel who became radicalized by Islamic extremists. The most recent attack was believed to have been carried out by a 27-year-old Palestinian from the West Bank, who was shot dead by Bnei Brak police following the assault.
ISRAEL SHOOTING: GUNMAN OPENS FIRE IN TEL AVIV SUBURB, KILLS FIVE PEOPLE BEFORE BEING SHOT BY POLICE
Shortly after the attack, Al-Aqsa Brigades’ organization, the military wing of Fatah — a Palestinian nationalist political party — released a video claiming responsibility.
The video also included a statement in Hebrew, directly threatening Israel’s social structure.
SHOOTING IN ISRAEL KILLS TWO POLICE OFFICERS AMID HISTORIC US-MIDEAST SUMMIT
On Wednesday, Prime Minister Naftali Bennett declared that Israel “stands before a wave of murderous Arab terrorism” but that his government would seek to eliminate it “with perseverance, stubbornness and an iron fist.”
Bennett, who became Prime Minister in June 2021, also called an emergency meeting with security officials within his administration.
Two police officers were shot and killed in Hadera two days ago and another four people were killed during a stabbing spree last week in Beersheba.
Israeli authorities are still investigating whether the incidents are coordinated attacks or if the perpetrators attacked independently.
On Wednesday, the Kiryat Arba-Hebron Council reportedly disallowed Arab workers from entering the area amid the violent streak.
“Due to the escalation in terrorism and the terrorist attacks in Bnei Brak, Hadera and Be’er Sheva, the Kiryat Arba-Hebron Council has decided not to allow Arab workers to enter the council’s premises until further notice,” an English translation of a tweet from reporter Shirel Lalom said.
-חברון: , -חברון
— (@shirellaloom) March 29, 2022
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, who governs the West Bank, also condemned the most recent attack.
The murder of Israeli and Palestinian civilians “only leads to further deterioration of the situation and instability, which we all strive to achieve, especially as we are approaching the holy month of Ramadan and Christian and Jewish holidays,” he said.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Wanton violence also “confirms that permanent, comprehensive and just peace is the shortest way to provide security and stability for the Palestinian and Israeli peoples,” he added.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.