If you want to know how to add a Gmail account to outlook 2016, you are in the absolutely right place.
If you are one of the users who use both of these email clients, it’s convenient to connect Gmail to Outlook and manage your Gmail account from within Outlook because the outlook is surprisingly simple and easy to use and has many more features.
Why to configure Gmail into outlook?
- If you’re currently managing your 2 or more Gmail accounts separately and you have to switch between your accounts then you’re likely spending twice as much time as necessary looking at your emails and events.
- Outlook provides you with the facility to check all your emails in one place and it is much more convenient than other email clients.
- Using Outlook you can manage your appointment and meeting schedules just by setting the reminder alert.
- Also, you can use POP3 configuration to download all your email into your local PC/laptop so that your Google storage will be free.
- Using Outlook, your emails will be available even when you are not connected with Internet.
- You can manage your mailbox emails more efficiently from overloaded and unwanted emails just in a click.
Is Adding Gmail to Outlook Safe?
- As per Google policy, all third party email client applications which do not use OAuth 2.0 are less secure and Google does not allow your gmail account to be configured in these applications.
- OAuth 2.0 is the standard protocol for authorization that focuses on client developer simplicity while providing specific authorization flows for applications like web applications, desktop applications, mobile phones, and living room devices.
- Google always warns the users about the consequences of using third party applications for accessing Gmail accounts.
- Also, you won’t be able to configure Gmail account into Outlook unless you enable access for less secure apps in your Google security settings.
Steps to turn on access for less secure apps:
- Login to gmail using your email id and password and navigate to Google Account.
- Click Security on the left.
- Scroll down until you see the “Less secure app access” section.
- Click the “Turn on access (not recommended)” option.
Note:- If you start facing any problem accessing your account from Outlook, keep in mind to check if it’s still on because Google will automatically turn this setting off if it’s not being used.
How to Add a Gmail account to Outlook 2016
- Open Outlook.
- Enter your email address and click Connect.
- Gmail window will open. Enter your password and select Sign in.
- Click Allow when Google account permissions window appears.
- Once Outlook finishes adding your Gmail account, you can add another email account or select Done.