Final Fantasy 14 6.1 patch will be released on April 12th, and Square Enix has released a new trailer and patch notes detailing the upcoming adventure.
Titled “Newfound Adventure,” Patch 6.1 picks up after the finale in Endwalker. While the new patch will include new dungeons, a new 24-player Alliance Raid, and Trial, it will also allow players to complete A Realm Reborn content solo with the help of NPCs.
Below is a breakdown of the new content coming to Final Fantasy 14 in 6.1.
- New Main Scenario Quests
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid
- New Ultimate Duty – Dragonson’s Reprise in Patch 6.11
- New Tribal Quest starting with Patch 6.15
- New Residential Areas with plots in Empyreum, the new Ishgardian residential district.
- New Trial: The Minster’s Ballad: Endsinger’s Aria, a new Extreme Trial.
- Adventure Plates (Beta Version) – Player portraits can be customized to include lighting, animation, and camera angles using a character’s current appearance.
- PvP Updates for small-scale PvP content, Cystaliline Conflict, plus a new rewards system and PvP schedule.
- PvP gear inspired by the Japanese TV hit GARO returns.
Final Fantasy 14 Endwalker is the most recent expansion for the hit MMORPG and concludes the major storyline that began with A Realm Reborn. With one ultimate evil defeated, adventurers begin a new journey starting with Patch 6.1.
Check out IGN’s review of Final Fantasy 14 Endalker here.
Matt TM Kim is IGN’s News Editor. You can reach him @lawoftd,
Image Credit: Square Enix.